For good or bad, here are ten honest things about myself and appropriate comments after some.
1. I can’t abide mayonnaise on any type of meat sandwich. It’s okay for cole slaw, banana and tomato sandwiches only(I once told a friend it was against the laws of nature to do such a thing).
2. My family eats nothing I cook because of my propensity to add cayeene pepper or Jalapenos.
3.I too watch too much television(I say this while realizing I watch much less than I used to).
4.I buy more books than I will be able to read, at the same time having a good number already in my TBR pile(I suspect I’m not all that strange here).
5. I spend most of every day alone and am quite comfortable with that(I do talk to people on the phone every day though).
6.I didn’t drink my first beer until I was twenty-seven even though I was drinking liquor at age eighteen(cough, cough), the legal drinking age back then. I couldn’t stand the smell. I’ve drank neither for many years now.
7. I passed out and twelve while getting a shot and when I started talking about donating blood years later, my mother reminded me, saying she didn’t think I’d ever be able to do such a thing(before health problems forced me to stop, I’d passed the thirteen gallon mark).
8. I went to an outdoor party with friends and heard two gunshots as we got out of the car. We were not alarmed.
9. The music I really can’t listen to is religious hymns. I like metal, experimental stuff, jazz, some rap. No hymns though.
10. I’m going to read a type of book I don’t like simply because a friend bought it for me at a sale thinking he was a favorite author. A James Patterson ROMANCE novel(shudder). I feel obliged to read it. She only paid a quarter and I have a sneaking suspicion she was ripped off at that.